- Posted by ZorTrades on December 11th, 2013 at 12:44 pm
- The market is narrow, so narrow its laughable–in a sad way, yesterday the Nasdaq closed 8 points off its 52 week high and at 13 year highs but we had only 44% of all stocks above their 40 day moving average, and people talk about rotation–ha.
- The Nasdaq closed 8 points off its 52 week high and at 13 year highs but NYSE new high-new low 10 day moving average is at 100.2, it was at 208 on 11/1 with the nasdaq 138 points lower.
- Negative divergences has not worked all year and really irrelevant until we have a price break.
- When it comes to breadth divergences they work a lot better in oversold markets than in bull/overbought/liquidity-QE markets, etc…
- “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent” comes to mind when I think about the 4 bullet points above, not everything has to make sense.
- Shorts are not working yet, they will, but they have not worked. I continue to look for shorts and have a list of “possible shorts”.
- It seems like any stock that goes up 10% is doing a secondary offering or just plain simply raising money with convertible notes, everyone wants to take advantage of market at this level. We had a year to date monthly high in November with 104 secondary filings, we have 34 already this month. Our previous high was in May.
You can reach me at [email protected]
10 Things You Need To Know Before You Start Trading Every Morning
Posted by ZorTrades on December 10th, 2013 at 6:14 pm
Risk management is the most important piece in this game. You are nothing without it, you can trade pretty much whatever you want however you […]
Which Stocks To Take and How Much Should You Risk
Posted by ZorTrades on December 10th, 2013 at 9:08 am
I have a bunch of long set ups today, more than I like, there is no doubt that I can narrow down the list by […]
I Only Want To Correlate On The Way Up
Posted by ZorTrades on December 9th, 2013 at 8:41 am
Last week the ended with a bang for the indices but no so much for individuals stocks. I heard from a few people that their […]
Beaten Up Plays
Posted by ZorTrades on December 6th, 2013 at 9:25 am
We have a lot of names on the list today, the 5 day market pullback has provided us with a lot of decent long set […]
The Huge Love Affair With The Miners
Posted by ZorTrades on December 5th, 2013 at 11:40 am
Go figure: The Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) has now slid ~55% YTD to a five-year low, yet the fund has nearly doubled in size to […]
The Most Significant Thing That Happened Yesterday
Posted by ZorTrades on December 5th, 2013 at 8:40 am
The market did yesterday what it always does–it traded, it went down, up, and sideways. Something significant does not happen every day in the market […]
Watch List 12/4
Posted by ZorTrades on December 4th, 2013 at 9:30 am
My process is based on market structure not on beliefs or myths of what works– or what doesn’t work. They are certain behavioral patterns that […]
A New Chinese Darling
Posted by ZorTrades on December 4th, 2013 at 9:20 am
Baidu ($BIDU) has been the darling Chinese stock for institutions for years–it is the go to stock when institutions want Chinese exposure. The stock is […]
It’s Not What It Seems
Posted by ZorTrades on December 2nd, 2013 at 1:57 pm
While I was reading a very well known mutual fund monthly newsletter I came across this great line; “Dr. Hussman is brilliant. Dr. Hussman has […]
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates
- 7 Things You Should Know About This Market
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before You Start Trading Every Morning
- Which Stocks To Take and How Much Should You Risk
- I Only Want To Correlate On The Way Up
- Beaten Up Plays
- The Huge Love Affair With The Miners
- The Most Significant Thing That Happened Yesterday
- Watch List 12/4
- A New Chinese Darling
- It’s Not What It Seems