7 Things You Should Know About This Market
- Posted by ZorTrades
- on December 11th, 2013
- The market is narrow, so narrow its laughable–in a sad way, yesterday the Nasdaq closed 8 points off its 52 week high and at 13 year highs but we had only 44% of all stocks above their 40 day moving average, and people talk about rotation–ha.
- The Nasdaq closed 8 points off its 52 week high and at 13 year highs but NYSE new high-new low 10 day moving average is at 100.2, it was at 208 on 11/1 with the nasdaq 138 points lower.
- Negative divergences has not worked all year and really irrelevant until we have a price break.
- When it comes to breadth divergences they work a lot better in oversold markets than in bull/overbought/liquidity-QE markets, etc…
- “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent” comes to mind when I think about the 4 bullet points above, not everything has to make sense.
- Shorts are not working yet, they will, but they have not worked. I continue to look for shorts and have a list of “possible shorts”.
- It seems like any stock that goes up 10% is doing a secondary offering or just plain simply raising money with convertible notes, everyone wants to take advantage of market at this level. We had a year to date monthly high in November with 104 secondary filings, we have 34 already this month. Our previous high was in May.
You can reach me at [email protected]
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates
- My 2014 Forecast
- How Bearish Is A Low Volume Rally In The SP500
- The Most Important Chart In Corrective Markets
- Most Popular Reads This Week
- How To Protect Your Portfolio Just In Case This Is The Start Of A Bigger Correction
- The Scariest Chart That Everyone Is Talking About
- 14% Corrections Are Part Of The Game
- Passive Investing, Is It Right For You
- Anatomy of A Trader, IQ Myth, Avoid Indexing-Linkfest
- Most Post Popular Posts Of The Week