Current State Of The Market
- Posted by ZorTrades
- on November 13th, 2013
Here are some personal notes that I have written down for myself about the current state of the market since the middle of October.
- Longs have been working very selectively or not at all since the middle of October from a swing trading perspective.
- We have had some notable distribution underneath the surface while the Dow Jones and the SP500 are at or near 52 week highs.
- The amount of short set ups has increased but they are really not working, see; $CELG $BLK $VRX $CMI
- For the most part it has been a chopped fest for many others have seen significant draw downs while the indices are near highs.
- Over the last couple of days some Chinese stocks have shown some proof of life $DQ $VIPS $SINA $SFUN $QIHU.
- It is best to focus on stocks that reacted well to their earnings and have set up properly after their initial earnings rally; $ZHNE $DWA $JAKK $SSNI $POWI $MDR
- The key here is to be nimble and to be extremely selective until STOCKS (not the indices) show you a clear path.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates
- Combining Seasonality and Technicals
- My 2014 Forecast
- How Bearish Is A Low Volume Rally In The SP500
- The Most Important Chart In Corrective Markets
- Most Popular Reads This Week
- How To Protect Your Portfolio Just In Case This Is The Start Of A Bigger Correction
- The Scariest Chart That Everyone Is Talking About
- 14% Corrections Are Part Of The Game
- Passive Investing, Is It Right For You
- Anatomy of A Trader, IQ Myth, Avoid Indexing-Linkfest