Legendary Investor Explains Why Investors Are Their Own Worst Enemy.
- Posted by Frank Zorrilla
- on December 30th, 2014
(Repost) This is a must watch video for investors, specifically those with New York minute time frame.
Here are some of the key points;
- He diversifies with longs and shorts.
- The secret ingredient in investing is patience, however patience is in short supply especially in today’s up to the second world.
- Top performing managers from 2000-2010, the top quartile who ended with the best record 97% of them spent at least 3 of those 10 years in the bottom half of performance. 79% spent at least 3 years at the bottom quartile of performance, 47% of those who ended up with the best record spent at least 3 of the 10 years at the bottom decile of performance. Joel assures Conseulo Mack that he bets that none of the clients stuck with them to make the good returns.
- The only metric that you need for institutional inflows and outflows is how you did last year, institutions are also performance chasers.
- The best strategy for most people.
- The biggest hurdle to high returns.
- Equal weighted > Market cap weighted index.
Zor Capital LLC is a New York based investment management firm, founded in 2011. Our goal is superior performance, with preservation of capital as our number one priority. Zor Capital manages separate accounts (both taxable and retirement) for accredited investors and institutions. This structure gives clients access to a hedge fund like strategy while maintaining 100% control of their accounts. Managed Assets
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Nothing beats verified actual performance
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates