Possible Long Idea In The Steel Sector
- Posted by Frank Zorrilla
- on September 26th, 2012
The Steel Sector (SLX) is down 8 days in a row and oversold from a numbers perspective; only 1 stock out the 27 stocks within the ETF is above its 10 day moving average. ETF’S tend to be mean reverting instruments so a short term rally here will not be out the question. Mechel OAO (MTL) is a stock within the sector that looks to be at place where a bounce should occur. The stock formed a 4 month base in which it broke out of in September around the $7 dollar level, it ran to 8 and now has retraced for 8 straight days back to the base breakout level.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates
- Don’t Read Anything Else But This
- What The Dow Jones and The SP500 Are Not Telling You
- Tale Of The Tape
- Seasonal Odds For The Month Of April
- The Secret Trading Ingredient
- The Hardest Part Of The Business
- The More Things Change The More They Stay The Same
- Fox Business Clip; Combining Seasonality with Technicals
- Combining Seasonality and Technicals
- My 2014 Forecast