Short The Q’s. $QQQ
- Posted by Frank Zorrilla
- on October 12th, 2011
The $QQQ is up now 6 out of the last 7 days, up 13.8%. Today, on the 7th day it gapped up completely above yesterday’s candle. Its short term RSI reading- RSI 2 is 95.94 (extreme here in the short term). Most of the stocks within the QQQ are up 5 days in a row. Telechart McClellan Oscillator as I write this is at +270 (overbought). The $VIX is now back to potential support ($30) after being down for 7 days in a row and 18% below its 10 day moving average.
I’m long $SQQQ at 20.43, I was already shaken out of this trade this morning, but after reviewing it, I believe if offers a good risk reward trade. Play at your own risk as I will not provide updates on this trade.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates
- Swing Traders LinkFest-The Best Is Yet To Come
- Don’t Short In The Hole, Try Now
- Swing Traders Links; Capitulation, Dow Bottomed, Jumpy Vix, The Challenge
- Swing Traders Links, Busting The 200 Day Myth and Looking At Crashes
- The Action Was Not As Bad As It Looks
- Market Participants Have Short Term Memory
- Tune Out The Noise
- HOW TO PROPERLY SHORT TECHNICALLY
- Swing Traders LinkFest
- How To Protect Your Portfolio Just In Case This Is The Start Of A Bigger Correction