The View; All About Apple
- Posted by Frank Zorrilla
- on January 24th, 2013
Yesterday the XLK, XHB, and the QQQ dominated the action as far as performance, they were the top 3, GDX, XBI, XOP were the bottom 3. We had some very good action in the XHB with KBH leading the way. The homebuilders is a sector to watch due to the fact that the stocks have been on a tear and they are all for the most part heavily shorted. Take HOV for example, the stock has more than doubled and the amount of the shares short as double as well in the last 6 months. If the stock continues to push up, the shorts more than likely will have no choice to cover.
AAPL will dominate the headlines today, I’m not so sure it will dominate the action in the market, the SP500 is up 6 days in a row, and the Nasdaq is up 5 days in a row, over the last 3 years this has posed as a negative for them over the next 1-5 days, see my previous post.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Nothing beats verified actual performance
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates
- Allow Me To Introduce You To
- The V Bottom PlayBook
- ThetaResearch Welcomes Two New Active Investment Managers
- 8 Soft Facts You Should Know About Shorting
- What You Need To Know To Make Money In 2015
- Legendary Investor Explains Why Investors Are Their Own Worst Enemy.
- Why Financial Advisors Don’t Show Their Returns
- The Current State Of The Market
- 15 Tips To Improve Your Trading
- What You Can and Cannot Control In Trading