The View; Bells Are Ringing
- Posted by Frank Zorrilla
- on August 28th, 2013
The market had a dismal day yesterday after showing signs of life in the latter part of last week. One thing that I did notice yesterday that I have not in a while is the amount of bear flag set ups that actually were working see the financials $XLF $WFC $COF $GS $JPM $MA $CME $CBOE.. Since 2009 the classic bear flag technical set up became more of a bullish set up but not yesterday.
Many powerful breakouts of the last few days failed miserably; $DDD, $AFOP, $YY. The regional banks which had some of the best underlying set ups completely did an about face, broke down, and now look like great short set ups; $HBAN $KRE $MTB $PB . These are all subtle changes that I believe will make a difference going forward. However, I’m not willing right now to pick a side or even suggest to look for a bounce or further weakness, less is better right now until things clear up a little, it seems like we are in the middle of nowhere. Here is what stands out from The View;
- The $SPY $IWM $DIA $XLF $XLK $XLE $XLI $XLY $SMH all offensive sectors are below their 50 day moving average
- Emerging Markets via the $EEM is now down 15.78% for the year and below the 200 day moving average.
- Every major index and $SPY sector is down in the last 30 days.
- IBD has the market in correction.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates
- Swing Traders LinkFest-The Best Is Yet To Come
- Don’t Short In The Hole, Try Now
- Swing Traders Links; Capitulation, Dow Bottomed, Jumpy Vix, The Challenge
- Swing Traders Links, Busting The 200 Day Myth and Looking At Crashes
- The Action Was Not As Bad As It Looks
- Market Participants Have Short Term Memory
- Tune Out The Noise
- HOW TO PROPERLY SHORT TECHNICALLY
- Swing Traders LinkFest
- How To Protect Your Portfolio Just In Case This Is The Start Of A Bigger Correction