The View; Below The Lower Bollinger Band
- Posted by Frank Zorrilla
- on February 22nd, 2013
Here are some of the things that stand out to me from The View;
- $COMPQ, $NDX, $SPY, $IWM, $DIA, and all the offensive sectors in the SP500 are trading below their 10 day and 20 day moving averages. Like I said yesterday, anytime the major indices are trading below their 20 day I tend to do less swing trades in individual common stocks.
- The $NDX $QQQ closed below its 50 day moving average, it needs to get back above it pronto, big yellow flag.
- IBD’s current market outlook is Uptrend Under Pressure and the $NYSE leads the way with 7 distribution days.
- The $VIX is now trading above its upper bollinger band, it tends to revert.
- The massive amount of ETF’S below their lower bollinger band. Normally I would view this as bullish in the very short term 1-3 days and it is, but it tells me two things; 1. The sell off was very intense even though percentage wise it was peanuts and 2. the grind higher over the last month made the indices/etf’s so tight (no volatility) that all it took was a small move to take a lot of the etf’s below their lower bollinger band.
- Telechart’s McClellan Oscillator closed at -200, considered most of the time as an oversold reading.
- In the $SMH 0% of the stocks within the etf are above their 10 day ma, $EEM only 2% are above their 10 day ma, $GDX only 4% are above their 10 day and 50 day. If one is looking for a bounce I would look at these names along with every ETF that is trading below their lower bollinger band.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates
- Don’t Read Anything Else But This
- What The Dow Jones and The SP500 Are Not Telling You
- Tale Of The Tape
- Seasonal Odds For The Month Of April
- The Secret Trading Ingredient
- The Hardest Part Of The Business
- The More Things Change The More They Stay The Same
- Fox Business Clip; Combining Seasonality with Technicals
- Combining Seasonality and Technicals
- My 2014 Forecast