The View; “Explosion Of Greatness”
- Posted by Frank Zorrilla
- on January 23rd, 2013
It was all about the commodity stocks yesterday, the top 5 ETF’s based on yesterday’s performance; GDX, XOP, XES, SLV, XLB, XLE. The XLE is now up 8 days in a row, 92% of the stocks within the ETF are trading above their 10 day moving average, 100% of them are trading above their 50 day and the XLE closed above its upper bollinger band. To put it in a simple way, if you wanted to fade this market, I would look here first (XLE) as I believe that this type of set up as a high probability in the ultra short term. Yesterday’s bottom 3 were; SMH, EEM, XLP.
On a side note from SentimenTrader; “According to the Hulbert Financial Digest, newsletter writers are recommending an 81% net long position in the Nasdaq Composite. That’s the highest recommended exposure since July 2000. The next highest recommendations were 79% in late December 2004 and 80% in late April 2010. Both led to multi-month corrections.”
Also the $OEX P/C ratio 10 day moving average has been over 2 for the last 4 days, the last 3 times the 10 day average was over 2 were 10/8 – 10/15/12, 9/10 – 9/17/12 and 1/6 – 1/12/12, 2 out of the 3 were pretty bad for the market.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates
- This Is The Only Way To Invest
- In Case You Are Wondering What Is Happening Underneath the Surface
- How To Manage Money Like Joel Greenblatt
- 6 Lessons From The Top Endowments on How To Manage Your Money
- Swing Traders LinkFest, Bad News Bears
- Swing Traders LinkFest–TrendFollowing, Flame Out, Crude, Non-Farm
- Captain Hindsight
- Swing Traders Linkfest, The Best Is Yet To Come
- 12 Trading Lessons From The Volatile Month Of October
- Swing Traders LinkFest-The Best Is Yet To Come