The View; Grinding Higher
- Posted by Frank Zorrilla
- on January 11th, 2013
The market continues to grind higher frustrating anyone who is short and thinks that this move is done in the short term. A lot of money comes in at the beginning of the year, a lot of senseless money at that, money that is not looking to be prudent, it just wants to and needs to be in. Stocks continue to act well underneath the surface even though I did not notice many set ups yesterday that fit my definition of a good set up. My sense is; we won’t get a significant pull back until after options expiration, just a gut feel.
Looking at The View you will notice that the XLV and the IBB are now trading above their upper bollinger band, a gap up today might provide a mean reversion opportunity in those two names. The XBI is now up 8 days in a row and its also set up as a mean reversion trade for those that have experience with this type of trading, if you don’t, then; ZorCapital.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates
- The Current State Of The Market
- 15 Tips To Improve Your Trading
- What You Can and Cannot Control In Trading
- Trade Ideas 12/3
- This Is The Only Way To Invest
- In Case You Are Wondering What Is Happening Underneath the Surface
- How To Manage Money Like Joel Greenblatt
- 6 Lessons From The Top Endowments on How To Manage Your Money
- Swing Traders LinkFest, Bad News Bears
- Swing Traders LinkFest–TrendFollowing, Flame Out, Crude, Non-Farm