The Whole Truth Nothing But The Truth
- Posted by Frank Zorrilla
- on July 2nd, 2014
The first half of the year is over, and what we are going to do here is look at the top 48 winners of the last 6 months to find some commonalities. By doing this you will realize what actually works and what is actually working and how while at the same time busting a whole bunch of myths. You want to a good book to read this summer that will make you a better trader, there isn’t a better one than doing this exercise, do it and write your own book.
- Out of the best 25 best performing stock for the 1st half of the year only 3 were above $15 when the move started.
- Only 8 out of the top 48 were above $15 when the move started.
- Only 10 had a float of over 100 million shares.
- 32 out the 48 had a float of less than 50 million shares.
- 21 out the 48 had a negative ROE.
- 24 out the 48 had a negative ROI.
- Even after their big move for the 1st half 31 out the 48 still had a market cap of under 1 billion.
- According to finviz 35 out the 48 had less than a 10% increase in sales in the last 5 years.
There are more ways to skin this cat but this is a good starting point for those who have an interest in scans. You could build one based on the above points that are actually based on what is happening and working now, you can call it your proprietary scan and sell it. You are welcome.
Frank Zorrilla is the founder of Zor Capital LLC a New York based investment management firm. Our goal is superior performance, with preservation of capital as our number one priority. Zor Capital manages separate accounts (both taxable and retirement) for accredited investors and institutions. This structure gives clients access to a hedge fund like strategy while maintaining 100% control of their accounts. Managed Assets
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Frank Zorrilla is the founder and chief investment officer of Zor Capital LLC.He began his Wall Street career 10 days after his 20th birthday when he became a Series 7 licensed stock broker. More »
Nothing beats verified actual performance
Sign up for ZorTrades FREE updates.
Additional Articles and Updates